In 1998 we started our first website, PromGirl.com, with a simple premise: people should have access to the top special occasion dresses and they should be able to shop for them online.
Fast forward to 2017 and Occasion Brands has become the leading special occasion retailer online with two brands - PromGirl and SimplyDresses. We are growing and have plans to introduce new special occasion stores online under the Occasion Brands umbrella. We’re also bringing the PromGirl experience offline as we make preparations to open up a pop-up store in 2018.
The Occasion Brands Creative Team is seeking a Creative Design Intern for the 2018 Spring Semester. This is the perfect opportunity for a budding graphic designer or art director to learn the ins and outs of creative production in the e-commerce industry. As a member of our nimble team, you will have an immediate impact on our business and see your creative work come to life. If you are an independent, creative problem solver and like to laugh, Occasion Brands is the place for you.
- Assist with tasks in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign such as social media content, printed collateral, marketing material etc. (Being handy with a guillotine paper trimmer helps too!)
- Apply systematic design thinking to create visual narratives for projects, from concepting to execution
- Design and photography research to help the design team incorporate current visual trends to produce an up-to-date aesthetic to better target our core demographic.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with the Marketing Team to enrich the customer experience through competitive research design.
Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate college program (graphic or communication design preferred)
- Adept at design trend forecasting (typography, color, style)
- Enthusiastic and excited to work with a team
- Be an independent, creative problem solver
- Strong communication skills that are consistent and clear
- Good judgment when interpreting instructions
- Exercise the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Comfortable with websites and Internet usage, especially social media platforms
Please include work samples or a link to your personal portfolio website with your application.
- College credit and a small monthly travel stipend
- Program Dates
- The spring semester runs January 29th-May 11th but start/end dates are flexible
- Typical internships are 15-18 hours/week over 2-3 days