In 1998 we started our first website, PromGirl.com, with a simple premise: people should have access to the top special occasion dresses and they should be able to shop for them online.
Fast forward to 2018 and Occasion Brands has become the leading special occasion retailer online with three brands - PromGirl, SimplyDresses, and Kleinfeld Bridal Party. We are continuously growing and have plans to introduce new special occasion stores online under the Occasion Brands umbrella. We have also brought the PromGirl experience offline with the opening of our pop-up store this past January.
The Occasion Brands Communications Team is seeking Communications Interns for the Summer 2018 semester. This is the perfect opportunity for an aspiring entrepreneur looking for exposure to the inner workings of a fashion and technology company. As a member of our nimble team you will have an immediate impact on our business and see your ideas comes to life and your contributions put to immediate use. If you are an independent, creative problem solver and like to laugh, Occasion Brands is the place for you.
- CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
- Work with the Communications Team to manage employer communication platforms (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed etc) and interact with potential candidates, current and past team members and other followers of the company
- EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATIONS
- Brainstorm and draft employee communications including memos and staff newsletters as well as posts for internal social media platforms
- EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
- Help to design and set strategies around employee engagement, development and training, and then work with the team to execute them
- HIRING & ONBOARDING
- Work with Communications Team to facilitate company hiring and onboarding efforts, help to constantly improve the way we both hire and onboard
- AD HOC
- We are a nimble department and partner with a wide range of other departments on projects that range from pop-up stores to the Occasion Brands Internship Program and our daily company operations
- Strong “people skills,” you love to collaborate and problem solve with others, making connections with new people and helping them makes you happy
- Someone who takes initiative and is an independent, creative problem solver
- A fondness and talent for writing, you don’t have to be a star student, but you excel at communicating in your writing (over email, documents and instant messaging platforms)
- Sharp organizational skills and detail oriented - you must be able to manage your workload without getting too bogged down trying to figure out “where to start”
TERM: June - August 2018 (start and end dates are flexible)
SCHEDULE: Flexible (typical internships are 15-18 hours/week)
COMPENSATION: College credit with a small travel stipend