Want to play a lead role in building out one of the largest special occasion retailers in the country? Do you take pride in your ability to tell compelling stories online? Do you want to have a direct impact on some of the most important events a person will experience? If you answered yes to these questions, read on.
THE COMPANY: Occasion Brands is a well capitalized, highly profitable e-commerce company offering the largest selection of special occasion dresses online at Promgirl.com and SimplyDresses.com. Our mission is to create trust with customers at an early age and support them during some of the most important moments of their lives. We are changing the process of buying special occasion formal wear into one that is fun, easy and that brings happiness and joy to the doorstep of every customer. The “bringing happiness and joy” thing is what makes us tick - it drives us to lead, inspires us to innovate and keeps us coming back to the office every day.
YOU: An enthusiastic and versatile photo junkie ready to join a team that brings joy and happiness to customers across the country and around the world. Collaborative by nature with a sense of humor, you are a creative guru and love to tell stories through digital content. You take occasional craziness in stride because, after all, you're helping to bring happiness and joy to customers during some of the most important moments of their lives.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We need someone who has the ability to translate a vision. Who can see the big picture and communicate well with a wide range of disciplines. Someone who can easily identify inefficiencies and errors and take corrective action to promote the continued growth of our company and continuously delivers the best consumer experience possible.
Reporting to the CMO, the Brand Creative Director will be responsible for the following:
- Delivering creative and content solutions that help our Marketing and Merchandising teams reach business objectives
- Directing the brand creative function so that not only the creative brand identity, but the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support the overarching brand goals
- Ensuring that our creative identity and product, campaigns, and our content’s tone of voice remains leading edge, ahead of our competition
- Ensuring that our high quality of creative and production is upheld, maintaining consistently high standards for the team
- Listening, challenging, hearing, and translating creative needs and information into strategic concepts
- Leading the unified process of marketing/merchandising/creative at the brand level
- Leading the unified creative process of concept/design/execution for all deliverables including website home page, landing pages, email, banners, social, and other distribution channels as needed
- Learn, monitor, study and understand the creative marketplace, assessing where the individual brand’s creative presence and content are positioned against both competitors and best-in-class standards and industry best practices
- Make decisions on a daily basis that ensure creative quality and manage approvals
- Influence the activities, growth and professional development of the creative team
- Ensure that timely and informative communication takes place cross-functionally
- Ensure self and staff development in e-commerce, web-based and interactive marketing capabilities
The role is based in NYC (Times Square).
Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Visual Communications, Advertising or related field
- 5-7 years of e-Commerce experience leading creative and brand management within a fashion or beauty focused organization
- Big plus for experience within a teen-focused brand or industry
- Storyteller - Develop the systems and approaches for how our brand comes to life around the world
- Strong understanding of E-Commerce and effective UX/IX tactics and their impact on creative design to drive desired demand
- Strong grasp of analytics and best marketing practices and how they influence creative effectiveness
- Oversee the development of creative assets - packaging, in-store retail environments and brand collaborations
- Develop visual identity systems - the articulation and maintenance of our brand guidelines
- Team Player and Mentor: Commitment to team success and successful relationships with peers, subordinates, internal/external partners
- Strategically develop processes that allow you and your team to consistently meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Adaptability - Flexible and able to maintain perspective and cope effectively while juggling multiple objectives in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Very well organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills, self-starter, and exceptional communication skills both oral and written
- Exceptional typography, composition, color-theory and design skills and well as copywriting skills
- Software required: Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance with low contributions from employees
- Company sponsored 401(k)
- Employee discounts
- Free snacks and coffee (occasional company lunches too, cuz why not?!)
- A culture that is family oriented, fun and a little out there (annual spirit week? CHECK. Flashpoll Friday CHECK.)
BY THE WAY!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.