THE COMPANY: We are Occasion Brands. An e-commerce company offering the largest selection of special occasion dresses through our family of online retail sites, PromGirl, Simply Dresses and Kleinfeld Bridal Party. Our mission is to create trust with customers at an early age and support them during some of the most important moments of their lives. We are changing the process of buying special occasion formal wear into one that is fun, easy and that brings happiness and joy to the doorstep of every customer. The “bringing happiness and joy” thing is what makes us tick - it drives us to lead, inspires us to innovate and keeps us coming back to the office every day.
YOU: An enthusiastic and versatile HTML guru ready to bring joy and happiness to customers across the country and around the world. Collaborative by nature. Possessing a sense of humor. You are a design junkie and are passionate about both creative design and web design, and the point where they both intersect. Passionate about customer experience and its importance to a company's success. You take occasional crazy in stride because, after all, you're helping to bring happiness and joy to customers during some of the most important moments of their lives.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ROLE: We need someone who has the ability to translate a vision. Who can see the big picture and communicate well with a wide range of disciplines. Someone who is detail oriented with a sharp-eye for design both technical and creative. One part web designer, one part graphic designer – combining the art of design with the art of programming.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the HTML Designer will be responsible for the following:
- HTML/CSS Design
- Convert PSD layouts into pixel-perfect HTML and CSS.
- Code and test user interfaces and collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop information architecture for web-related projects.
- Help to create and maintain processes to ensure functional designs are delivered on time and to specification.
- Establish web design guidelines and standards, working closely with application developers.
- Communicate design ideas using user flows, process flows, sitemaps, low-fidelity wireframes and functional landing pages.
- Code email templates including colors and fonts.
- Content Management
- Maintain static HTML websites.
- Edit and publish responsive website components such as menus, headers, footers, and SEO content.
- Develop and deploy landing pages with a responsive, mobile-first approach.
- Implement and publish content for key sales and holidays.
- Email template implementation in third-party tools.
- Image Optimization
- Deliver high-quality images in the right format, dimension, and resolution while keeping the smallest file size possible.
- Ensure that design deliverables for web and email meet optimization guidelines and industry standards.
- Work in collaboration with graphic designers, product managers, and brand owners on all projects to ensure that branding is properly represented in all work.
- Size, slice, and format images used in final deliverables.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders as needed.
LOCATION: The role is based in NYC (Times Square).
Candidates who are right for this role will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, web graphic design, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of web standards
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Understanding of best design practices with a knack for adhering to them
- Excellent visual design skills
- Creative and open to new ideas
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Discounts on dresses (including for family and friends)
- Free snacks and coffee (occasional company lunches too, cuz why not?!)
- A culture that is fun and a little out there (spirit week, Flashpoll Friday and more)!
BY THE WAY!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees and interns as well as the contractors we work with. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.