In 1998 we started our first website, PromGirl.com, with a simple premise: people should have access to the top special occasion dresses and they should be able to shop for them online.
Fast forward to 2018 and Occasion Brands has become the leading special occasion retailer online with three brands: PromGirl, Simply Dresses, and Kleinfeld Bridal Party. We are growing and have plans to introduce new special occasion stores online under the Occasion Brands umbrella. We also recently brought the PromGirl experience offline by opening our first store in 2018 (not to mention our Kleinfeld Bridal Party Showroom inside the Kleinfeld Bridal Salon in NYC!).
The Product Management Intern will assist in researching and collecting information from users and then analyzing said data to collaborate with developers, designers, and operations teams to identify improvements for all domains. In this role, you will gain experience in product management, market research, competitive analysis, and critical problem solving.
- Know our customer: Work with the product management team to collect user data by way of user surveys, interviews, focus groups, and Google Analytics
- Provide the best user experience
- Research usability interface best practices and use findings to improve products
- Maintain the details: Assist in the creation of user stories, acceptance criteria, and user flows, describing the users’ end-to-end interactions with the product being developed
- Develop visual guides: Assist in creating low-fidelity wireframes and storyboards for new features to be built on our websites and mobile applications
- Assure quality of products: Assist in testing during development stages to ensure product meets functionality requirements
- Tech-savvy with exceptional attention to detail; able to understand dependencies so that when X changes, it impacts Y and Z
- Exceptional communicator able to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Strong analytical skills that help to build consensus around ideas
- Resourceful with the ability to work independently with changing requirements
- Experience working with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and/or Google docs
- Experience with Sketch, Photoshop, Balsamiq, InDesign, Draw.io or similar software
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum is a plus
TERM: January 2019-May 2019 (start and end dates are flexible)
SCHEDULE: 15-18 hours per week
COMPENSATION: College credit with a small travel stipend